Τhe Museum of Milos is housed in a neo-classical building of 1870 in Plaka , work of E. Ziller. It was restored by architects of the 21st Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities, and functions as a museum since 1985.
The museum includes the following collections:
. Prehistoric finds from Pylakopi
. Sculptures and reliefs
. Obsidian tools and other pieces
Τhe most important of the exhibits are:
Clay painted statuette of a woman, known as the "Lady of Phylakopi". It was found in the Mycenaean "sanctuary" of Phylakopi and dates to the 14th century B.C.
The Aphrodite of Melos. Plaster replica of the original work which is exhibited in the Louvre. The statue is dated to the late Hellenistic period, that is around 120 B.C.
House model of the Early Cycladic period. It is made of poros and is very important since it provides useful evidence for the type and form of the houses of that period. Dated to 2200-2000 B.C.
Poros altar from the sanctuary of Phylakopi.
Group of marble Early Cycladic figurines.
Collection of cores, flakes and blades of obsidian from Melos.
Milian amphora of the Archaic period . It is decorated with painted scenes: Dionysos and Ariadne on the neck, and Apollo being welcomed by Artemis and Leto, on the belly. It is one of the characteristic specimens of the so-called Melian workshop, whose production dates from the second quarter of the 7th century B.C. to the second quarter of the 6th century B.C.
Pithos with the relief representation of a chariot race. It was used for a burial and dates to the mid-6th century B.C.
Coffer from the ceiling of the stage building of the theatre. It still preserves traces of red colour.
Headless marble statue of a woman found at the theatre. The figure is dressed in himation and chiton. Dated to . 100 B.C.